My Story

My name is Angel. I am on a journey to getting healthy; losing weight through exercise and good nutrition. I had a mental breakdown on July 20, 2010 because I love to be in the kitchen! I love the way food makes people feel. I love baking and decorating! This new way of life was keeping me OUT of the kitchen. My trainer suggested getting in the kitchen and being creative to find healthy ways to cook YUMMY food! I could share it with people who also need or want yummy food that is healthy, or healthier. So here I am and I hope that you can enjoy some of my YUMMY food!

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

High Fiber Breakfast

Ingredients:
  • 6 oz. light nonfat yogurt (any flavor)
  • 1/3 C. All Bran Buds
Directions:
  • Scrape yogurt into a bowl.
  • Add Bran Buds and mix.
Nutrition:
  • Calories - 170
  • Protein - 7g
  • Fiber - 13g
  • Fat - 1g
  • Saturated Fat - 0g
  • GI Value - yogurt: low and bran buds: low end of medium (58; 55 is the cut off for low)
Serving Suggestion: Add a complimentary fruit. Whole, raw fruit is the best. This will add between 60 and 100 or so calories, some protein and fiber.

3 comments:

  1. High fiber, low fat, good protein and carbs - I say it's a winner! A great way to start the day! YUM! Love you -
    Mom :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great way to start my day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, great! I do something similar: Flavored greek yogurt (I get the no fat ones), and mix with a small handful of walnuts. The Bran Buds I bet would be great too. I'll have to try that. I am loving the greek yogurt. The flavored ones have about 13-14 g protein and the bigger tub of plain or vanilla (delicious with fruit mixed in) has 22-23 g protein! It's thick and delicious (and no aspartame, which some people could care less about but I try to avoid).

    ReplyDelete