My Story

My name is Angel. I am on a journey to getting healthy; losing weight through exercise and good nutrition. I had a mental breakdown on July 20, 2010 because I love to be in the kitchen! I love the way food makes people feel. I love baking and decorating! This new way of life was keeping me OUT of the kitchen. My trainer suggested getting in the kitchen and being creative to find healthy ways to cook YUMMY food! I could share it with people who also need or want yummy food that is healthy, or healthier. So here I am and I hope that you can enjoy some of my YUMMY food!

Thursday, July 22, 2010

The Sherry

This sandwich is called "The Sherry", named after my sister who originally introduced it to me. I changed the bread type, used reduced fat cream cheese and turkey bacon for healthier alternatives of the same foods. This sandwich is currently my favorite. Thank you, Sherry! It is amazing! 
Try it and enjoy!!
Ingredients:
  • 1 Sandwich Thins sandwich
  • 1 TBS Reduced Fat Onion & Chive Cream Cheese
  • 1/4 Avocado mashed
  • 2 slices Turkey Bacon, cooked
  • Baby Spinach, raw - desired amount
  • 6 slices Deli Sliced Turkey Breast


Directions:
  • Layer food onto bread (I like to toast my bread).
  • Enjoy! This is one of my FAVORITES!

Nutrition:
  • Calories - 296
  • Protein - 21g
  • Fiber - 7g
  • Fat - 14g
    • Saturated Fat - 3.75
  • GI Value - All foods in this sandwich are Low on the GI.
    Serve with a salad or other veggies; delicious!!

    1 comment:

    1. AWESOME job remaking a favorite to make it healthier and low GI!! You rock, Angel! Thanks for the inspiration, Sherry! YUM!

      ReplyDelete